Circuit découverte : Le pays du Mont-Blanc
Road in Annemasse
Warning: Unsecured hours
- GPX / KML files allow you to export the trail of your hike to your GPS (or other navigation tool)
- Points of interest
1 Cluses Tourist Office
- During spring, summer and autumn, come and get your game kit for several adventure games developped by our team !
- During winter, we sell ski passes for our ski resorts. You will also be able to find several free snowshoeing maps.
- All year long, you will find a lot of leaflets from Geneva to Aosta, through Annecy and Chamonix
- Detailed hiking maps on sale
- Bicycle touring informations
- Ticket sales for concert, shows and festivals
- Reservations for the guided tours of the Heritage of the town of Cluses
- Ticket sales for the Screwcutting and Clockmaking Museum
- Sale of various souvenirs (books, medals of Paris, pen, postcards ...)
- Daily weather information.
- Wifi access free and unlimited.
2 Clockmaking and Screwcutting Museum in Cluses
Located into the Espace Carpano & Pons, an old factory, the museum presents also the story of the National School of Clockmaking by presenting unique pieces of clockmaking made by the pupils in Cluses.
Theme guided tours, theatric visits, workshops, temporary exhibitions are organized all the year round and will make you discover the treasures of the museum.
3 Sallanches market
4 Sallanches Tourist Office
5 The sundial of Rubins Castle
6 Combloux Tourist Office
- weather forecast
- hotels availability
- board games loan
- free wifi
- reservation for activities: hiking or snowshoeing, farm visits, guided visits, entries to the ecological lake, outdoor activities, ...
- diverse items: hiking book, ancient post cards, book on the baroque path, posters, photocopies, scans, tee-shirts, caps, ... (online boutique available too)
- on request: touristic documentation (maps, kids guide, ...)
The accommodation service will help you finding the ideal accommodation for your winter holidays with all-inclusive options (accommodation + ski pass + ski lessons + child care centre + ski rental)
7 Museum of Megève
After the Revolution, in 1795, the House of Charity becomes a Home which can accommodate 20 poor people, men and women. In 1862, the priest Ambroise Martin gave the management to the Saint-Joseph Sisters.
From 1982, a few years after the opening of the new retirement home, this building had thematic exhibitions, and became officially the Museum of Megève in 1988 till September 2016.
Chapel visit and permanent exhibition “3 centuries of solidarity in Megève”, which unveils the unique story of the Alms House that became a hospice in 1793, by means of a film, archives and photographs.
Upon request, throughout the year. Admission free.
8 Saint-Gervais Church
9 2KM3 Saint-Gervais contemporary art platform
10 Office de Tourisme de Saint-Gervais Mont-Blanc
11 Evasion Mont-Blanc ski resort
EVASION MONT-BLANC SKI PASS
1 pass, 7 resorts! Ski for an entire week and never ski the same run twice!
The Evasion Mont-Blanc ski pass gives you access to the ski lifts
in Saint-Gervais Mont-Blanc, Megève, Saint-Nicolas de Véroce, Combloux,
La Giettaz, Les Contamines Montjoie and Hauteluce.
NEW NOVICE SKI AREA AT 1,840 METRES ALTITUDE
Next winter will mark the creation of a new novice ski area in Saint-Gervais,
on Mont d’Arbois. The area, easily accessible via the Bettex-Mont d’Arbois
gondola which carries skiers and pedestrians to 1,840m altitude, will be
equipped with a new drag lift and covered conveyor belt in an aim to
significantly improve the comfort of skiers, especially beginners. Accessible
to all, these new facilities will enable budding skiers to appreciate the joys
of skiing in a fabulous setting.
WHAT’S THE WEATHER LIKE ON THE SLOPES?
Visit www.saintgervais.ski for live on-slope weather conditions:
webcams, weather forecast and snow conditions.
TAKE THE EASY OPTION
Make life easier by renting a ski locker at the foot of the Saint-Gervais
gondola and pick up your warm dry gear every morning!
GREAT SPOT FOR A PICTURE!
2 photo hotspots, one at the summit of Mont Joux, the other on
the Epaule chairlift, enable skiers to take a high quality selfie with
the Mont-Blanc in the backdrop. Plus, receive a video via email
when you complete the boardercross circuit on Mont Joux.
12 Tourist Office
13 Nature Reserve
Take time to enjoy and savour its many different facets (lakes, mountain pastures, cliffs, glaciers). Appreciate its varied fauna and flora: chamois, ibexes and black grouse live among the gentians and rhododendrons.
The natural environment is fragile and animal life is easily disturbed, so please help us by being very careful not to interfere with the natural equilibrium.
Help preserve nature for our own and future generations.
Nature Reserves are part of the very rare areas of Haute-Savoie where nature has remained “unspoiled” by human contact. So enjoy them! Savour the silence and don’t forget that the rules exist to remind us that nature must be respected!
14 Mont-Blanc View- Lac de Passy
15 Plateau d'Assy
16 Panoramic views from Passy Plaine-Joux
Plaine-Joux is also the starting point for many hikes.
17 Lake: Lac Vert
Set in an exceptional natural environment, this site is accessible to all the family.
The extraordinary transparency of the water allows one to observe the accumulation of trees and plants on the bed of the lake.
These elements, combined with the presence of blue-green algae, give the lake its remarkable emerald green colour.
Altitude: 1200m. Magnificent view of Mont Blanc range.
Add a review
There is no review about Circuit Découverte : Le Pays Du Mont-Blanc, be the first to leave one !