During the 1930s, the 35th aviation regiment of Bron identified the region’s sites capable of accommodating aircraft prior to the Second World War. During that same period, the government planned to develop aerodromes all over France. The aim was for each major city to be within 50 km of an aerodrome. Following this decision, François Roch, a former member of the 35th aviation regiment, created the Voirons Salève flying club on part of the Bois de Rosses land previously acquired by Annemasse.
On 6 October 1945, the flying club was modernised and became the Annemasse Aviation Club (CAA) thanks to François Durafour, the first Franco-Swiss civil aviator to have landed on Mont Blanc. With the Club’s creation, the installations were updated with the building of a landing strip and a hangar. In 1948, Marcel Bruchon took chairmanship but there were no aircraft because at the time there was no air traffic using the aerodrome.